Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Self-Construal

With the survey in the book on page 388, i was able to average my points and see how high or low my self-construal score would be. My self-construal was a 5.5 (above 5.0 is to be considered a higher score and around the average for mainland Americans). So going along with the scale I am "likely to be concerned about the clarity constraint in [my] compliance-seeking (text, pg. 388). In the paragraph about self construal i tend to be more assertive, direct and clear when i communicate with people. Which is true, I do not have trouble speaking to people and I am usually pretty assertive. Which seems to fit the culture I have grown to be a part of. Americans seem to be more assertive and focus on Independence from people and need to be our own person and always be number one and speak up for what we believe. spell check does not like the word construal :)

No comments: