Friday, July 4, 2008

attachment

In reading about the different attachment styles in the text made me think about my own style towards my mother. I am not sure if it is purely the style of parenting by the mother but more of the attitude of the child. I am a twin and we are two totally different people when it comes to attachment. I am pretty sure my mother raised us the same as best she could. But when it comes to my brother and I, I am more of the avoident behavior because I value my independence and I do not depend on others for anything. I have always found through my experiences that if I wanted something done i would have to do it myself. To one the other hand my brother is more Secure. He does not have a problem trusting people and can ask for support. But I do show the characteristics of a secure person when it comes to conflict. I value more of compromising and deescalating the situation than making the situation worse. I think just as everything else in life there are grey areas. Nothing is as black and white as we may want it to be. But in the end i find myself more on the side of avoidant people.

No comments: